1. Hygroscopicity of Astragalus Polysaccharide
Hygroscopicity is the inherent property of Astragalus polysaccharide powder and one of the common defects of all extracts. It is not easy to change. However, the hygroscopicity of Astragalus polysaccharide powder can be reduced by improving the process, but it can not be eliminated. Therefore, there is no moisture-free astragalus polysaccharide at present.
2. Color of Astragalus Polysaccharide
High-quality astragalus polysaccharides should be white or light yellow powder. The powder is delicate and uniform without impurities. For example, when water extraction and comminution process are adopted, the color becomes darker because of the oxidation of high temperature and phenolic hydroxyl groups in air.
3. Put astragalus polysaccharide powder on paper with black background and lay a thin layer. If there is more than 2% white powder, it shows that there are other white substances in the product, such as glucose, etc.
4. When tasting and nose extracting or dissolving, there is the taste of grass, which is slight and slightly sweet.
5. Hand touch: The powder is smooth and delicate. It can be rolled into clumps and sticky in hand very soon.